Occupational Health & Safety
Paul Fitzpatrick & Sons Ltd. Electrical Contractors and Engineers accepts its moral and legal responsibility for the health and safety of employees and other parties who may be affected by the company's operations. It is therefore our policy to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent personal injury, work related ill health and damage to property and to protect everyone from foreseeable work hazards, including the public insofar as they come into contact with the company or its products.
Paul Fitzpatrick & Sons Ltd. has implemented and maintains an occupational health and safety management system certificated to OHSAS 18001: 2007 to coordinate our commitment to:
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, taking account of prevailing statutory requirements.
- Comply with relevant health and safety legislation and other related requirements subscribed to by the company.
- Implement measures to continually improve Occupational Health and Safety Performance.
- Use risk assessment and control measures to ensure that the health and safety of employees, other contractors, occupiers of premises and members of the public is not adversely affected by work operations.
- Clarify individual roles with respect to health and safety using a set of Personal Safety Standards.
- Outline minimum acceptable standards for key operations and processes using a set of Operational Safety Standards.
- Encourage all persons to challenge unsafe behaviors and acknowledge safe behavior to promote a safe working culture.
- Encourage all persons to report incident, injuries or near misses, unsafe acts or conditions and assist in incident investigation with the objective of jointly developing measures to prevent recurrence.
- Actively encourage suppliers and subcontractors to promote good health and safety practices as part of supplier approval and monitoring procedures; and
- Co-operate with clients and other parties to reduce occupational health and safety risk.
The Managing Director is ultimately responsible for the implementation of this Policy and for the provision of resources and access to competent occupational health and safety advice.
- Is documented, implemented and maintained at all times via the company's electronic document library and is available to interested parties upon request.
- Provides the framework for setting and updating OH&S Objectives and Targets and will be reviewed at least annually, or following any significant changes in Legislation or company practices.
- Is communicated to all personnel working under the control of Paul Fitzpatrick Electrical Contractors and Engineers Ltd. so that they understand their respective Occupational Health and Safety obligations.